A few key details, and then some fun facts:
- Born and raised in New Jersey, where only 45% of Jersey Shore stereotypes are true.
- According to the pseudoscientific MBTI personality scale, I’m an ISFP. This means I’m detail oriented, creative, calm under pressure, and intuitive–when reading both people and media.
- Someday, I hope to work in the video game industry in an effort to improve the discourse that surrounds games and the people that make them.
I came up with this list of fun facts so that I’d never have to worry about not having a fun fact during fun fact ice breakers:
- When I was little, I wanted to be a trucker, of all things.
- I can recite every word of every song in the musical Rent.
- I took goju-ryu karate for 5 years and kendo for 2 during middle and high school.
- I have Neopets pet pages to thank for sparking my interest in html, css, and site design during the mid 2000s.
- I also have my web developer mom to thank for giving me the tools to learn those things.
- I live with a cat, and I love her with all my heart, despite being allergic.
- May or may not be related to #6–but my nose is so changed by lifelong allergies that I frequently smell phantom smells.
- Definitely related to #7: I had an MRI to get that all checked out, and the experience is as close to facing a Biblical angel as I think I’ll ever get. Blinding white lights, thunderous noises beyond my human comprehension, faced by thoughts about my own mortality–the works.
- Top 3 horror films: The Witch, the 2016 Blair Witch (you read that right), and The Babadook.
- I’m super fascinated by ancient Mediterranean literature. Some of my favorite texts include The Golden Ass, Chaereas and Callirhoe, a few pieces from Catullus, and everything by Sappho.
- I love drawing, and I just recently picked up a tablet this past Christmas. Check out some of the stuff I’ve done on my art page.